The oldest monument in Telki, the Baroque stone cross, is located on the Main Street (Fő utca) near the Barn/ Village House building on the site of the former Benedictine Abbey church built in honor of St. Stephen.
The specialist literature places completion of the lower and central part of the group of statues to the 1740s. The arched plinth is separated from the central part by an articulated cornice, and the stone cross is separated from two little angels covered in wavy drapes supported on pillows. The cross on the corpus is not the original, it was produced as a replacement for the original in the 19th century.
The memorial was threatened by destruction a few years ago, but was restored thanks to private donations offered for this purpose. Nowadays, when lit up, it is a worthy decoration of the village.
STONE CROSS
Address:
GPS: 47.546971, 18.827939
The main source of income in villages in the hilly and mountainous regions of Pilis and Vác was provided by viticulture.
MoreA defining industrial relic for the appearance of the settlement of Herceghalom is the water tower constructed in 1952.
MoreOn a fenced private plot (about 1.5 meters from the fence, clearly visible) is a half-length stone statue of Mary standing on a...
MoreLooking towards the Buda Hills one of the defining landscape elements – apart from Meszes-hegy (Limestone Hill) – is the double...
More